I think whoever said “It is always darkest before the dawn” must have been in the midst of renovations. And so it is with the brewery these days. For those of you have been driving by you will have seen lots of activity and probably wondered what we have been up to. The short version is:
1. We repainted the building to give it a more pleasing appearance from the road. Ultimately we will re-clad the exterior but probably not this year.
2. We cut out a series of drains beneath the cement floor and plumbed with new pipe and back flow valves
3. We took out the cement floor at the very back of the building and put in new crushed stone in preparation for the cement pour
4. We removed the windows on the east side of the building and when we did we determined that a new wall should be built along that side to remove the bow in it caused by rotting wood and make it stronger for new windows coming in
5. We removed many of the existing partitions in preparation for the interior remodel of the space
6. We re-welded and painted the car wash supports. This is proving to be a valuable asset and it is very likely we will hang onto it and more vigorously promote it.
7. The ceilings were exposed to facilitate new foam insulation.
8. Trimmed trees on the east side of the property for safety reasons and to start a basic landscape plan
This next two weeks will transform the interior. We intend to:
1. Fully insulate the building. This will start tomorrow.
2. Finish plumbing the drainage system and back fill the trenches
3. Build forms for the concert floor pour to give us a highly polished ,attractive and easy to maintain floor all through the building
4. Begin to construct partition walls.
5. Begin electrical work
So far, we are pleased with progress and are within budget at this stage. Our priorities remain as follows
1. Finish the brewhouse
2. Build the cooler
3. Create a clean space for brewing on the Sabco system.
4. Plumbing and Electrical
5. Create a new retail space